Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pre-Camp Fellowship 2013

We just got back from a few rainy days and nights at the appropriately named Camp Rainey Mountain in Clayton, Georgia.  The purpose was our Pre-camp Fellowship.  We had work projects around camp, and we had Ordeal, Brotherhood, and Vigil activities going on.

Even with the rain, it was a good time to hang with the brothers.

I was an Elangomat ("Friend") for an Ordeal clan.
My son was the Head of all the Elangomats, so he got to give me orders this weekend.

I helped clean latrines before my clan arrived.
Some needed more cleaning than others.

And then it started raining.

And it was muddy.

But we got our gear dry - mostly.

My clan was tasked with decontaminating the dining hall.

Some guys ran the dishwasher.

Some guys cleaned trashcans.

My clan was tight.  Here, Andrew is sharing a marshmallow from the Reagan administration we found under a refrigerator with his pal David.

The regular kitchen staff were working hard around us.

I was trying to be a nice guy, so I let everyone sleep for an entire ten minutes!

After a hard day's work, we got all gussied up and headed for the ceremonies.

This is one of the guardians along the way.

The brotherhood of cheerful service.

Then it was time for the Chief to lead another ceremony.

On Sunday, the Lodge Adviser chatted with new members.

New members were introduced to patch trading.

And we showed off our regalia.

We invited new members to try drumming.

And no weekend is complete without a big dance circle!

No comments:

Post a Comment